My top ten TV shows growing up in the 80’s in no particular order.
- Reading Rainbow: Helped encourage children to read and LeVar Burton had that great line; “Don’t take my word for it.”
- Rainbow Bright: I honestly don’t remember what the cartoon was about all that I can remember is I owned the Rainbow Bright doll and I still wish I had that doll today.
- Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers: Disney had the coolest cartoons during this time and with it’s snappy theme song we were hooked.
- Tailspin: Another Disney cartoon featuring our favorite character from the Jungle Book Baloo.
- Fraggle Rock: Strange muppet creatures that lived underground. It was an awesome show!
- Zorro: His name was Zorro and I had a huge crush on him. Zorro was played by Duncan Regeh and every show he saved his sweetheart Victoria Escalante. So romantic.
- GI Joe: A real American hero. I had a TON of GI Joe action figures. My favorite character was Sargent Slaughter.
- Care Bears: They were full of love lived in the clouds and I think there was a rainbow. I still have my Care Bear, Care A Lot.
- Slim Good Body: Creepy white guy with afro who wore a body suit depicting the human organs. Gross yet cool.
- Cosby: I was the same age as Rudy Huxtable on that show I grew up with her. It was a show the whole family could enjoy.
What were your favorite shows growing up?
Written By: Kristy Trowbridge